Quinoa Enchilada Casserole

I made this recipe and served it over rice and a dollop of sour cream. It tasted wonderful! It reminds me of a Chipotle Burrito Bowl. The next day I put some left overs on a bed of lettuce and made a Southwestern salad. It tasted fresh and delicious. This would also be wonderful for dipping with tortilla chips. Enjoy!










Quinoa Enchilada Casserole Recipe

INGREDIENTS

1 cup quinoa, cooked
1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 (4.5 ounce) can green chiles, drained
1 cup sweet corn kernels
1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
2 T. chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 t. cumin
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 1/2 c. shredded Colby Jack cheese, divided
1 diced avocado
1 diced tomato

DIRECTIONS

In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil a 9x13 baking dish.

In a large bowl, combine quinoa, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, black beans, cilantro, and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in 1 cup cheese.

Spread quinoa mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Place into oven and bake until bubbly and cheese has melted. (About 15 minutes).

Serve over rice and garnished with avocado and tomato, if desired.

Comments

  1. Brook!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE BLOGGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I check into Blogger every once in a GREAT while, and today, after years of wanting to, I decided to clear out my list of blogs that I follow, which was in the hundreds, until today. Most of them don't blog anymore. And then I clicked on this. WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost want to start blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paulette! Yes, I am blogging but only so I can have an online recipe book. I use it to look up recipes when I am buying ingredients at the store. I seriously don't expect anyone to be reading it. BUT I would LOVE it if you would start blogging again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts