Scotcheroos for Two!

This is an old favorite of mine... I call these Chocolate Rice Krispie Bars but it is known by a lot of other names.
I love love LOVE making smaller portions of my favorite desserts. Have less leftovers means having a smaller opportunity to over indulge. I can have my dessert but I don't have to fear my lack of restraint!




Scotcheroos for Two recipe

INGREDIENTS
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup butterscotch morsels
2 cups brown rice crisps or rice krispies
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown rice syrup or light corn syrup
1/3 cup peanut butter

DIRECTIONS
Place the chocolate chips and butterscotch morsels in a microwave safe bowl.

Butter a 9x5 loaf pan. In a medium bowl, add the cereal and set aside.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the sugar and brown rice syrup.
Swirl the pan as it melts and bubbles to ensure the sugar granules are completely dissolved.
Turn off the heat, then stir in the peanut butter. Once the pb is thoroughly incorporated, pour this mixture on the rice cereal. Stir to coat the cereal. Press the cereal in an even layer in the loaf pan. Now, melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch morsels in the microwave. Pour over the cereal and let set before slicing and serving.
bon app├ętit

Comments

Popular Posts