This has been a family favorite since I was a kid. It is quick, easy, and tasty for a casual family meal.
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 T. cumin
- 1/2 t. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
- Tortilla chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay crescent dough flat on the bottom of a clear glass pie pan.
- Crush tortilla chips and sprinkle evenly over crescent dough.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onions, cumin, and cayenne pepper and stir together well. Place meat mixture on top, then layer with sour cream, sliced olives, and cheese. Top off with the more crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese has melted.