Salsa Verde


MORE SALSA POR FAVOR!!!

My family loves Mexican food. In fact, the first time my husband met my family we all went out to dinner for Mexican food. My dad got frustrated at the waiter because he wasn't bringing enough salsa. He adamantly demanded, "More salsa POR FAVOR!". At the time I was mortified because I wasn't sure what my boyfriend would think. Now we are married and it seems to be a long time running joke between the two of us.

I absolutely love this recipe! I originally found this recipe on Amy's blog. Fresh green tomatillos and cilantro make this salsa irresistible! The first time I made it my husband kept saying, "Remember how you made this. You need to make this again". We ate a huge bowl of it in a matter of days. Enjoy!

Salsa Verde

INGREDIENTS

1 lb. tomatillos, husked, rinsed, broiled or roasted, cooled

1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded & chopped (vary amount depending on desired heat)

1 clove garlic, minced

¼ c chicken broth (can substitute water)

1/4 small white onion, minced

4 Tbsp fresh cilantro, leaves chopped (or more if you love the taste of fresh cilantro!)

1 tsp. salt

¾ tsp. sugar

DIRECTIONS

Combine tomatillos, chiles, and garlic in food processor or blender. Blend until just mixed, but still a little chunky. In bowl, combine puree with remaining ingredients. Thin to desired consistency with chicken broth or water. I added the entire 1/4 cup of broth and it did not end up runny. The longer it cools, the thicker it gets. Refrigerate overnight.

Comments

Popular Posts