3 medium tomatoes 1 t. plus 1 T. olive oil, divided
1 t. salt 1 pkg refrigerator pizza crust
2 T. chopped fresh basil 1 garlic clove, pressed
1 T. olive oil 1 oz Parmesan cheese
8 oz. fresh solid mozzarella cheese
coarse ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. For toppings, slice tomatoes into ¼-inch slices. Place onto paper towel-lined cutting board. Sprinkle both sides evenly with salt; let stand 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, for crusts, lightly brush cookie sheet with 1 t. oil. Unroll dough onto baking pan. Press garlic into bowl and combine remaining 1 T. oil; brush over dough. Grate parmesan cheese and sprinkle evenly over dough.
3. Cut dough lengthwise into thirds with a pizza cutter. Carefully move dough strips slightly apart on baking pan. Bake 11-12 minutes or until bottom of crusts are light golden brown.
4. While crusts bake, finish toppings. Chop basil; combine with oil in another prep bowl and set aside for later use.
5. Blot tops of tomato slices with paper towels. Slice mozzarella cheese into ¼-inch thick slices. Arrange tomato and cheese slices in overlapping rows on baked crusts. Return to oven; bake an additional 4-5 minutes or just until cheese melts.
6. Remove baking pan from oven. To serve, brush basil mixture over pizza using a basting brush and sprinkle with black pepper.
Makes 6 servings